PISER - Excellence in Special Education
PISER is an unique Institution which has been operating since April 2013 with the affiliation of the Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP).
The institute is committed to provide high quality education and training with the objective of producing highly skilled personnel responsive to the needs of the children with disability. For meeting their educational challenges and prepare them for independent living with honor and dignity.
Objective of PISER
To facilitate research and provide training for teachers and professionals”. The programmes of PISER aim to develop professionals for special education within a broad framework of education and therapy in the current millennium. These programmes will enable pre-service, post-service teachers’ to acquire knowledge, develop competencies and practice skills to impart education and therapeutic intervention to children with special needs.
The other specific objectives are to
- Produce highly skilled teachers and professionals’ who would contribute to the development in the field of disability and special education.
- Develop learners’ understanding of knowledge of the modern development in the field of disability and apply them in their practice.
- Create a center of excellence for higher education and research for generating and disseminating updated knowledge on special education.
- Enter into arrangement and contract with higher educational institutions, accredited universities abroad in the area of faculty exchange and collaborative research.
- Very low tuition fees
- Cost-effective programs
- International standard Curriculum, Teaching Strategy & Classroom
- Use of latest information and communication technologies
- Maximum facilities to learn practically
- Flexible admission rules
- Modular approach to programs
- Resource sharing, collaboration and networking with conventional Universities and academicians from other Institutions/Organizations
- National and International degree/training holder Faculty Members
- socially and academically relevant programs based on students need analysis
- convergence of open and conventional education systems